Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cows and Kiwis

Alright someone tell me what’s wrong with this picture: I grew up in Amish country but waited until Africa to learn how to milk a cow? hmm- haha. But I helped out again today milkin' “Zawadi” which means gift- with 2 Maasai guys today- this was the 2nd time and they invited me back again tom morn- I think they are just amused at watching the funny American girl trying to milk. Hey I’m pretty good now though. hhaha

So today was a lot of fun- Arusha Vineyard is my home church here- love it and love the people here. Something that has been an awesome surprise here is that I have not only learned about African culture, but I’ve met a lot of people from around the world. Today I ate lunch with Amanda- from Georgia, Amelia from Namibia (near South Africa), and Cassandra from New Zealand. I’ve met some cool Aussies and Kiwis (New Zealanders), Chinese, and South Africans, lots of Europeans- Brits, Germans, lots of Danish and Scandanavian, etc. Who knew right? Lots of people and lots of Christians from around the world – it’s just great! What a blessing!

Hmm- I smell like cow- think I might wash up. but who said you need to shower everyday- that’s so American- we don’t even really get dirty –home to work to out to eat-who needs to shower? On second thought I think I’m going to go outside and walk Kahlua again- haha- hopefully it’ll be better this time. (Then I’ll shower :)

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment