Thursday, January 15, 2009

London Phrases that you might want to be familiar with if you decide to visit me over here:

biscuits- cookies
parcel- a package
the tube- (no not TV) it's the underground/subway in London
loris- semi trucks
jacket potatoes- basically a delicious loaded poatoe - not a veggie wearing a coat
boot- the trunk of a car
ringing- phoning
rubbish- lieral garbage -or if, for example we would be watching football (soccer), and the forward missed his shot, we might remark ''Oh that was rubbish!'' haha
Silk Tape-a brand of dental floss haha
the lou- hmm i wonder... the throne, the potty, the toliet - think you get the picture

So now you know! When you talk to me when I come back, I very well may through these phrases in my sentances, so be prepared.

Here is Angela's blog link, too: http://angelavangorpsadventures.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment